Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkRevenant

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Greetings,

I have a jailbroken 16gb iPod touch. I got it for christmas and has worked pretty flawlessly since the day I opened it. However, sometimes when I'm using safari it will randomly bring me back to the home screen (just the screen with all the icons). I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if anyone knows a possible way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

GT41

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Not just from Safari, it seems to happen (albeit very rarely) on any program. And in general it totally quits out of the program and you lose whatever was open before. I haven't found a way around it, but it happens so infrequently that I don't really care.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
yes, it's "normal." Especially if you're on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. I've heard somewhere that 1.1.4 is much more stable though.

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
Greetings,

I have a jailbroken 16gb iPod touch. I got it for christmas and has worked pretty flawlessly since the day I opened it. However, sometimes when I'm using safari it will randomly bring me back to the home screen (just the screen with all the icons). I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if anyone knows a possible way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Do you shut it off from time to time? I know that used to help people back in the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.