Wondering if I can do what I want with an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tezro, Mar 13, 2012.

1. tezro macrumors regular

tezro

At the moment I own a MacBook Pro which I might want to swap for a iPad.
    Reasoning is besides the point here for now.

Most things I want to be able to do with the Ipad that I can now do on the MBP I have figured out already, but there are some things I am uncertain off, so I hope to find answers here.

- In iCal and Address Book I have set up two accounts. My MobileMe and my Gmail accounts.
    Both sync from and to both accounts. Reason for this is that my Windows Phone 7.5 cannnot sync the MobileMe calendar and address book.
    So, I use Gmail on the WP to sync my calendar information.

I wonder if I can set this up on the iPad as well. And if not in the build-in apps, are there alternative apps who can?

- Share Screen: I use this on the MBP to control a Mac Mini I use as a torrent machine. I know there is a VNC client app, but is there build-in support too?

- Is it possible to download a .torrent file on the iPad and upload it using the webpage of my torrent client on the Mac Mini?

Think that is all for now.
    Thanks in advance.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can use iCal on the iPad the same way you use it on your mac. I did, I used my google calendars for a year on all iDevices.

You can control your Mac from your iPad using any number of apps. LogMe In or just for remote capabilities you can go the RowMote way.

You can download files using Atomic Browser or iCab, uploading may also be possible.

My first gen iPad replaced my MB Air. I was crazy surprised.

3. tezro thread starter macrumors regular

tezro

Hmm, I will check those apps you mentioned.
    Too bad the functionality isn't build-in though.

I stepped away from using too many software I didn't need because the OS already has it build-in.
    Mac OS X but also Windows.

Why would I want several browsers when all I want is to view a webpage?
    That idea, my idea.

One thing: adding the accounts is one thing, but can I set it to sync to both too? Iirc in iCal/Address Book I need to enable it, sort of.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I currently have my GMail calendar synced with my iPhone, iPad, and iCal on my Mac. I have it set as my primary calendar. Any changes I make on any device appears on the others without my doing anything.

I hope I understood your question and have been at least somewhat helpful haha. :)

5. tezro thread starter macrumors regular

tezro

:) not really since it's only once account.
    Point is, I use two e-mail addresses because on WP you can't sync iCal and Address Book.

That is why I sync to both MobileMe and Gmail. It allows me to have all data in MobileMe when I use the webmailthingy from MobileMe, but have the calendar and contacts on the WP using gmail.

6. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Yes, you can control your mac mini with free software. Pocket loud, or just a simple VMC app.

You can uploads torrwnts to the web remote access bit. Just copy the link, (for the file, or the magnet link), and copy into the upload bit. I do this all the time with transmission.