Wondering if this is possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chickens, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Chickens macrumors newbie

Is it possible to edit iMessages in an unsecured jailbroken phone? As in, change an old conversation?
    Also, my SIM is in a non-iPhone at the moment and iMessage keeps toggling itself 'on' (it's been off on my phone for months) and I'm wondering if someone can toggle it if they made an image of my phone and are using it.

Thank you.

2. Chickens thread starter macrumors newbie

Any info on this at all would be greatly appreciated.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Give it more then a hour also thread bumping is frowned upon.

4. Chickens thread starter macrumors newbie

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

to answer your question not really your paranoid! ;) or idf your really afraid restore your phone as new and remove the jailbreak.. you might explain in more detail what is happening and how you think it is doing what it's doing. or at least twell us the whole story so we can be entertained.

6. Chickens thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean 'not really'? Is that a no?
    Is it not possible to edit a conversation log in any way by exploiting security holes and such?

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

to my knowledge without more info somebody not easily hack your conversation logs and what would they gain by doing so? again provide more info is it random possibly a ex, friend etc.. if you have come for help provide info that will help us help you if not continue to be paranoid. btw jailbreaking does not make your phone unsecure if you think it does remove your jailbreak right now. I have 100% faith in my jailbreak. Jailbreakers actually find holes or exploits that are latter patched by both Apple and the jailbreak community.