wondering what is a better laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g3powerbook boy, Apr 24, 2010.

1. g3powerbook boy macrumors member

Good Morning,

I am wondering which model of apple laptops is a better model.... both of which are not a current model but still apple.

1. the one i am using now a g3 powerbook pismo with firewire 500mhz/512 mb ram

2. a g4 ibook unsure of the specs but it has a supposed video issue only displays the backlight at certain angles or when it wants to.

I was supposed to trade a windows based older ibm laptop for the g4 with someone from craigslist and now the ditz seemed to change her mind since it was working properly last night which she really doesnt have the right to do since she already agreed to the trade, so needless to say i am ****** off beyond belief and thinking about sending here a really nasty email. my g3 powerbook has no issues at all except for needing a battery but not as fancy looking as a ibook. the powerbook is an all black case.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The iBook will definitely be faster, but I'd take slow and reliable over fast(er) and tempramental any day. Sounds like the owner has a similar disposition.

3. g3powerbook boy thread starter macrumors member

just got off the phone with my buddy..... told him about this freak of a human and he said why dont i just order a battery for my g3 powerbook. he has the same unit and doesnt think waiting 2-3 seconds for a web page to display is unreasonable. i think maybe his brain is getting a little goofy too. I wouldnt even care if the display problems on the g4 ibook i want caused it to emit high levels of uv radiation either as long as i could rub it in to someone i know that just bought a g3 ibook for 375 that i have a faster unit even if it was unsafe to use from high levels of uv radiation worst that can happen is end up with issues in the brain or nervous system

4. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Looks like you're not going to be able to get the G4, so I'd just get a new battery for the G3. Thanks for clearing up that radiation stuff, I had always been wondering about that.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

6. g3powerbook boy thread starter macrumors member

my buddys g3 ibook is the same specs as my g3 powerbook that i got for $ 50.00 but he spent $375.00 its 500mhz/512mb ram and a 20 gb hd my powerbook is a 500mhz/512mb ram and a 80gb hd. theres a way i can force her to give up the g4.... just a large risk of arrest but that may not be so bad either

7. g3powerbook boy thread starter macrumors member

excessive radiation isnt always a bad thing... could end up getting health issues that qualify one to get disability and live off of the state and federal government one could live that way for a while until the health issues became unbareable

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Wow, I'm selling my iBook with the same specs but more RAM for $200. I think your friend got ripped off.

9. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

ibook g3 for 375? yikes..

Just get a new batt those old powerbooks will last forever! :)

10. NightGeometry macrumors regular

And you may get super powers along the way.

11. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Or turn into a Zombie.

12. g3powerbook boy thread starter macrumors member

forgot to add that i have to use a external mouse with my powerbook the touchpad doesnt work all the time. plus dont think brain problems are all that bad