Wondering what is best Fully charge first then use or

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

activate download then use right away with some charge???? Im a posting monster tonight...Just sitting at work thinking of things to ask : >)

2. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

You want to make absolute sure that the initial charge will be the best one possible, and allow it to fully charge, or it will screw up your iPhone charges in the long run.

coolosxapps

3. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Apple has a history of precharging their portable devices... it's a user experience thing.

4. 103734 Guest

I thought with these new batteries you didnt have to worry about things like this?

5. rbailer macrumors newbie

I've posted questions about how to best treat the battery, but haven't got any answers yet. Can someone who knows what they are talking about post a definitive answer?

Besides whether to charge the iphone initially, i want to know if it is better to let my iphone's battery run all the way down before charging it, or just to use the phone normally and charge when needed.

Thanks for the help. I am wicked excited for Friday.

6. kevinwiz macrumors regular

im pretty sure all apple products are pre-charged

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Lithium Polymer batteries do not need to be "fully charged" on the first use. You won't be hurting it at all by using it right away.

Only real no-no with a LI ION battery would be charging/discharging at a very high temperature, shorting it out, storing it where it could exceed 140F -- as this could damage the "thermal fuse" which is in place to prevent the battery from overheating and potentially catching fire.

A deeper discharge cycle will degrade the battery faster than a shallow discharge cycle -- (half-to-empty vs full-to-half) -- but this is true of all batteries.