Wondering What time Snow Leopard Comes out on friday

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jaynewstrom, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jaynewstrom macrumors newbie

Hello,

I know when Leopard Came out, i waited in line at the apple store, which opened at 4pm.

I am wondering if Snow Leopard will have the same thing, where the apple stores will open at 4pm, or if since this isn't a "big" of an update that it would just come out when the stores open.

Please let me know what time I should go to the apple store, whether it be when it opens in the morning or at a certain time.

Thanks,
    Jay

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

There was no time mentioned in the PR statement, and many Apple Stores have confirmed that Snow Leopard will be available once the store opens on Friday.

And Leopard launched at 6 p.m. not 4 p.m.

If you plan on hanging around here, you might want to try to figure out the "search" feature at the top of the forums.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I would bet it's just available when the store opens. They didn't mention a timeframe and it's not a big release, so no fanfare.

jW

4. joehahn macrumors regular

you can bypass the time factor and just order it online...
    They even have free shipping for it ATM. Just did that last night and it's shipping on friday so i assume i'll have it either monday or tuesday.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Ordering it online will get you it earlier in the day.

6. wankey macrumors 6502a

I'm just wondering what time it comes out on the internet if you catch my drift ;)

7. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Seriously? You're going to pirate a $29 upgrade?

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Get off of our website. You want it? It has already been out for a month. Just don't expect us to help you with it after you have it.

9. wankey macrumors 6502a

I'd rather wait for the final DVD version. It's not about the price, it's about the convenience. It takes about 10 minutes to get it off some "sites" for me. To drive to a nearby Apple store will take a 5 hour round trip.

I'll eventually buy a legit copy when I get around to it though. It's not like the price is holding me back (plus I want a good backup).

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Order it online and get it the day of release... or just use a lame excuse to pirate it...

11. wankey macrumors 6502a

And have it ship to my ****** run down student housing? No thanks. Anyways,enough thread jacking. It was supposed to be a joke but you guys seem to not have a sense of humor.

Back to the OT.

12. david279 macrumors member

david279

the apple store here in the new orleans area had no clue. They told me i would have to get it online only for the upgrade and she said some other gibberish. She must've been new. Im ordering online from apple.com. It will be shipped early in the day i hope.

13. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

11:49 and 53 seconds AM EDT.

Seriously, get a life.