Wondering whether to upgrade my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Danaldinho, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Danaldinho macrumors member

Hey, my iPod Touch 1st GEN is currently using 1.1.5 software and I am wondering whether to update it or not by paying £5.99 (£) for the software 2.2.

I was just wondering is it worth it (anyone done it) and can I get games and applications from the store which actually will go on my iPod?

Thanks alot :)

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would suggest jailbreaking. And yes you will be able to get games from the apps store.

3. Danaldinho thread starter macrumors member

Tried that once and my WIFI didn't work anymore and my battery didn't last as long :(

4. jreamsnyder macrumors member

Yes, it's absolutely worth it to upgrade. The new apps, ability to use more wifi networks (compatible w/ more security settings), and app store easily outweigh the roughly $10 US. You won't regret it, the update totally upgrades the functionality of the ipod.

5. reubs macrumors 68000

When I got my 1st gen a few weeks ago I didn't use it with the original firmware a single time. I immediately upgraded it to the 2.2 fw. Completely worth the extra few bucks!

6. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

I am getting an older never used ipod touch from a friend (has 1.1) on it since he never used it I will be updating after playing around with an iPhone I would say its worth it.

7. Glaxx macrumors regular

Glaxx

I upgraded when I had my 1st gen, and it was probably the best thing I ever did to that iPod Touch... so yes, I would definitely recommend it! Totally worth the ~$10. :apple: