wonky icons in new 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lnkholder, Jun 21, 2009.

1. lnkholder macrumors newbie

I downloaded a bunch of apps to my new iphone and have been playing so happily I have darn near worn the thing out. I was playing a pinball game (WildWest) when the phone froze and needed a reboot. Now I have a bunch of weird or blank icons.

Several are just grey boxes, such as iHandyLevel and MahJong. Others have stolen icons from another program - reQall now shares the MiniPiano icon, PaperToss has the iTranslate icon, WildWest has the bubblewrap icon. Most programs are unaffected, including all original apple programs. I tried rebooting using the dual button trick, as well as a regular power off.

Any suggestions?

Linda

2. HyperSnake macrumors member

The OS has been available to the public for only three days so there are bound to be some problems. For me, that issue was resolved by a reboot, but if that doesn't work, plug it into your computer and do a full restore(remember to say OK when it asks whether it should backup the device, else you'll lose everything).