Wonky screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harleyrose, Mar 9, 2010.

1. harleyrose macrumors newbie

Hi, first post, please be gentle.

Think an issue may be beginning to show its face with my 15" unibody MBP.
    When I first got it I noticed on closing lid wasn't totally sealed on right hand side. Was no issue to me and as my laptop is not standard config (320gb 7200 rpm hdd) I didn't want hassle of sending it back and waiting for a new one.

Now about 9 months later I've noticed the screen is no longer aligned with the body (body over laps screen on left side, and vice versa on right hand side) and the black panel connecting the screen to the body is not flush on one side. I'm only talking about a millimetre but it's definitely something new.

I'm thinking loose screw on hinge? Have no issues when using the computer but think that if bumped I have a few very weak spots on my computer. I have a local Apple shop, so will probably take it down there as soon as I've finished what I'm currently working on my laptop for but concerned they'll dismiss it as damage from a drop (which has not happened).

My laptop is looked after very well, rarely leaves the flat, never dropped. No small children around and my boyfriend are I the only ones using it.

Any suggestions? Anyone else found this with their MBP?

Many thanks

2. Hopsdaballa04 macrumors regular

I think your dead on. Your hinge screws are loose. Just bring it in to your apple shop and get them to fix it probably wont take more than 15 mins or so to fix.