Wonky torrent business

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by X5-452, Aug 16, 2007.

1. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I'm downloading a rather large, 4 GB torrent file and last night I accidentally left my Macbook unplugged. This morning I reconnected the power adapter, and the computer booted from scratch. Not a problem. I reopen transmission expecting to see the 2+ GB I've already downloaded still there and the torrent to just finish off where it left off. Uh oh. I open up transmission and it starts from ZERO. Anyone know where the rest of my downloaded content went? In the past I've had torrent files pick up where they left off no problem.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i have no idea why it didnt work this time. wat is your torrent program??
    go to the location of the torrent saved file (the download) and see how big it is, it may have saved it but hasnt recognised it??

3. X5-452 thread starter macrumors 6502

X5-452

I'm running the latest version of Transmission. Anytime you download a torrent file it shows up in Finder "Get Info" as the complete, finished size - so in this case 4 GB. I'm not gonna lie, it's really frustrating having to start from scratch. The whole reason I left my computer running last night was so it could download the stupid torrent.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oohh yea true. sorry.
    if you delete the torrent from transmission, then reopen the torrent file, save it to the desktop, will it not recognise that the file is already there and maybe continue from where it was????

my bits on wheels program apparently does that, so why wont transmission

5. thegrifman macrumors regular

Transmission should do that as well, at least it has always done that for me. I routinely log out or reboot while I'm in the middle of downloading and it always picks up where it left off. Sounds like the file got corrupted or something. When it starts up to resume it should check the existing downloads integrity and if it's no good it starts over.

6. X5-452 thread starter macrumors 6502

X5-452

F Bomb. It probably got corrupted when the computer unexpectedly shut down from lack of power.

7. thegrifman macrumors regular

Shouldn't the machine automatically initiate shutdown when power is low?