Won't Accept Windows 7 Product Code

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nrs111, Dec 1, 2013.

1. nrs111 macrumors newbie

Installing OEM version of Windows 7 on new MacBook Pro via bootcamp and everything goes fine until it asks for the 25 digit product code. The first time I tried I could hardly make out the code with a magnifying glass and thought that was the problem. I was able to return the software and obtain a more legible copy and the same thing. I had 2 different people read it so I'm sure I have it right this time. The version of the software I'm using is supposed to be comparable for this use according to the reviews on the site I bought it. Anyone know of a solution?

2. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Is the product key for the same version of windows? If you have, for example, home premium and the key is for Professional, it will not activate.

3. gostan macrumors regular

Triple check the product code. It took three times for my eagle eyed step son to get the code correct with my new parallels install.

4. nrs111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys.

It should have been the same version of Windows because it was on jacket of the wrapped disk. Says Professional on the disk and jacket.

I think I had the right code since 2 people came up with same code without comparing notes. Wish they'd come up with a different system of transferring the code.