Wont' Boot HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jpalessi, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jpalessi macrumors member

I have a 13" mid 2010 MBP w/ a samsung 470 in the opti bay for a boot drive.
    I was just working online and i started to get the beach ball out of nowhere, which is very uncommon for me. i then started to shut everything down cause i had a bunch open, then i did a SW update and went to restart. I should mention while the update was loading I attempted to throw some things in the trash from my desktop n got a error 50 code or something like that. Now it powers up but wont allow me to login to my user. stuck at the login screen. pls help!

2. Jpalessi thread starter macrumors member

when you power up it takes an unusual amount of time to get to the login screen then when i punch in my password it just sits n spins where normally it boots in 2 spins.

3. Jpalessi thread starter macrumors member

ok now its back up but its jacked up. its real slow, firefox wont open cause it says "A copy of Firefox is already open. Only one copy of Firefox can be open at a time."
    and i cant put anything in the trash cause i get this code. "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)."

4. Elbert C macrumors 6502

Boot into Safe Mode or Single User Mode to run fsck. simsaladimbamba posted instructions if you don't know how.

5. Jpalessi thread starter macrumors member

thanks i'll give that a try now. post back in a few.