Won't boot up...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ied0135, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ied0135 macrumors member

I have no idea what I did, but my Mac locked up, so I held the button to restart it and when I did a screen came up and stayed that has the power button symbol in the background and a message over it saying:

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button."

I know to hold down the Power button, everyone knows that, but what is the Restart button? I also tried just keeping it off overnight and booting up again, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for any help!

2. Fishtalk macrumors regular

If all else fails..... Try pulling one of the RAM Memorys ( you'll have to go into your computer) if that dont work try switching the top slot to the bottom slot.... you never know. Took me 2 weeks of screwing around with my pismo... I was ready to throw it out untill someone suggetsed the "above"... bought a new RAM stick and its been working perfectly since then. Good luck

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You also might want to take a look at the Apple doc covering Kernal Panics since that is the name of the trouble you are experiencing.