Won't go to sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jas123, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Jas123 macrumors member

my MBP won't sleep, i have it set to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity, but even after an hour it's only the screen that shuts off.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't thinkg there is option to auto sleep. You have enable screen saver, and then after that it does sleep.

3. Jas123 thread starter macrumors member

There is an "auto-sleep" feature and it was working up until 4-5 days ago. I have a screen saver set, a time to put the display to sleep, and a time to put the computer to sleep--which isn't working. Also when I manually try to put the computer the sleep there is a delay now where the screen goes black and i get a blacked out pointer, then it'll go to sleep about 30-45 secs after.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

5. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

and then recheck your settings!

cheers

6. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

These may not be enough.

My iMac couldn't go to sleep after I installed some softwares, and I uninstall them and try to sleep my iMac. Did the PRAM and SMC resetting but didn't help either.

I ended up repairing permission using onyx and it solved the problem.

You don't have to activate screensaver for your mac to sleep, at least not for my imac. After I repaired permission, I deactivated screensaver, and set both display and system sleep to 1 minute each. Display sleep was activated first, and after around 40 seconds followed by system sleep. The 2 sleeps will NOT happen at the same time if you have the same sleep time for both.

So I would advise to do a permission repair if other suggestions don't help.

7. jmmm macrumors newbie

Onyx - was also the thing

that worked for me!