Won't hold brightness!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MSUDVM, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MSUDVM macrumors newbie

My Macbook Pro has a mind of its own when it comes to screen brightness. I usually keep the screen very bright and I do NOT have the "Automatically adjust brightness" button checked, but when I turn my Macbook Pro on, about 1/2 of the time the brightness is decrease from my previous setting. This morning when I turned the Macbook Pro on, the brightness was completely off and I had to "feel" my way through to the system preferences area to turn the light back on so I could see the screen at all! Any thoughts as to what may be going on?

Dan

2. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Use the brightness keys on the keyboard and put it to maximum brightness and try restarting to see if it holds.

If this doesn't work, try resetting the PRAM which holds values for volume, screen brightness, etc. To do this, hold down Command-Option-P+R on the keyboard when booting up until you hear the Apple 'chime' or start-up sound twice, then let go of the keys. Then, set your brightness preferences, restart, and see if the computer retains the settings.

3. MSUDVM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. I will try these suggestions.

Dan