iPod touch Wont let me restore cause of soft dfu mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alextheawesom3, Nov 9, 2013.

1. alextheawesom3 macrumors newbie

Hello, my ipod wont let me restore. It always gives me a error. I believe its because of soft dfu mode.So i downgraded from this forum http://www.iapphacks.com/post195518.html#p195518 and it says its untethered but its tethered and i want to restore. any help?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You need complete iOS 6.1.2 blobs to have it untethered. Or else when you reboot, you'll go into soft DFU mode and need to use redsn0w to boot it up to normal

There's no way to get complete 6.1.2 blobs anymore

3. alextheawesom3 thread starter macrumors newbie

but i want to restore is there any way i could do that? Also do you mean i cant get shsh blobs from ifaith? @derrick

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You should be able to restore if you put your device into DFU mode. But you can only restore to whatever versions you have complete blobs for. And if you don't, you can only restore to the latest version. 6.1.3 for the 3GS and 7.0.3 for the 4

iFaith can only grab blobs that apple is currently signing. It can also grab blobs from cydia's server and iFaith's server. You can only use complete blobs though. When you download using iFaith, it'll check for you and tell you if the blob is complete or not

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

There is no 'but'. Listen to others. People would have told you if there is other options.