Won't open my MacBook anymore, almost always browse on my iPhone instead.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applecultvictim, May 27, 2009.

1. applecultvictim macrumors 6502a

man I can't wait for the mac tablet!!!!

Anyone else here find they have moved over their browsing to their iphone?

Despite the small screen I love it, like I said cone on mactablet!!!!

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

If you don't want your MacBook, I'll take it for free. :)
    Naaa, But I will hopefully get a Mac Book some day.

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Same here. Between my iphone and the touch, I don't like using my ibook for browsing online as much anymore.

5. bjquach macrumors 6502

You're not the only one that does that. I only use my mac for projects or gaming now.

6. applecultvictim thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey guys thanks all for the replies! Nice to hear other people are doing it too, ESP. For me the past couple of months, guess apple is prepping us all for the mactablet! Let's start saving money so we can afford it!!

7. Rusalka macrumors regular

Rusalka

If I'm laying in bed, I'm definitely more likely to reach for my iPhone than my Macbook

Which is strange considering the Macbook would probably be faster, but the phone is just so damn convenient

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The phone loses it's luster after a while. I use it here and there to browse but still prefer my MBAir over it. The iPhone has replaced the need to bring a laptop with me everywhere I go, that's for sure.

I would never consider the release of an iPhone to be Apple's way of prepping us for a tablet. :cool:

9. jake36wi41 macrumors member

I tend to use my MacBook when I'm using the iPhone for other apps that can't be closed, at the moment I'm streaming a baseball game on the MLB app for example.

It's great to not have to drag along the MacBook on weekend trips! Love the freedom the iPhone provides.

10. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

1920 x 1200 24" screen
    Full sized keyboard w/ number pad
    Wireless mouse
    T3 internet connection
    TV tuner running in the background ( Currently watching Venture Brothers)
    Leather Steelcase Leap Chair + Ottoman

yeaaaaah

I think I'll keep using my desktop to browse the internet ( while at home)

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I very rarely check my email on my laptop, but surfing the web on the iphone is amazing but still prefer my 15.4 screen for the net

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I still use my MBP quite frequently but I have found that I handle most of my emails via the iPhone.

Browsing (thanks to my poor eyesight) can get tiresome on the iPhone if I do it for very long. I generally need to remove my eyeglasses to read the web page and when I do that, I can't see anything else :confused:

All in all, I'm pleased with the iphone's web browser but some sites either by design or because they're buggy don't render as well on the iPhone as on my MBP. For instance, espn, has specific iphone web pages that make the reading better but I get less information and navigation is a lot harder. Other sites that rely heavily on flash fail to come up as well.

In general, its a great tool to surf the web in a pinch but I cannot see using it over my MBP.