wont pickup wifi....help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lucyp30, Jun 3, 2013.

1. lucyp30 macrumors newbie

Recently my phone has not been picking up WiFi in my house. i have reset phone and also network. it picks up Wifi when i reconnect but within 10 minutes it is lost.
    Can anyone help please???

2. ericp99, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013

ericp99 macrumors newbie

What kind (brand/model) of phone/router do you have? Also, do you have any other devices that connect to wifi, and if so, are they able to connect okay?

3. lucyp30 thread starter macrumors newbie

its an iphone 4. it doesnt pick up wifi anywhere. today it picked it up from my house for 5 minutes then that was it. i know its not anything to do with broadband as my partners works fine!

4. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I had success with an iPhone 5 I just got on T-Mobile that was having the same issue. I am not sure if this will work on the iPhone 4 but it is worth a try I guess. I selected my home wifi network, entered the password, after I put the phone to sleep the wifi password would need to be re-entered. What I did to fix the issue was to go into settings > wifi > other > then manually enter your wifi name and password. Under security choose WPA.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a problem with that particular iphones wifi chip.
    Hardware fault.

6. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I agree. As part of troubleshooting Apple may ask you to restore the phone first before replacing.