Won't read Windows 7 disc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theryan923, Aug 27, 2010.

1. theryan923 macrumors newbie

Hello, I recently bought windows 7 for my macbook to run it with bootcamp, but everytime i put the disc in the driver it keeps on rejecting it. It ended up working eventually but I wanted to know if this happened to anyone else because my macbook can read every other of my CD's perfectly yet for some reason it has a hard time reading the windows 7. I tested the Same Windows 7
    CD on my other computer and it works fine. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm asking this question because I want to reinstall my windows 7 on my macbook.

2. cys920622 macrumors member

The first time I tried installing Win7 on boot camp, my mbp crashed partway through. I was freaking out pretty bad but thankfully the Mac partition was not damaged. I had to force restart, then I deleted the Win7 partition and tried again, then it worked just fine.

I only wish the Windows bootup was as fast as the Mac boot up though.

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I have managed to install Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro fine. However, I have read other forum threads of people trying to install Windows XP and getting disc read errors, despite the fact that when they try the XP install disc on another computer, it works fine.

4. TJones macrumors regular

5. michelliaudio macrumors newbie

i'm having the same problem, my mac won't read the disk for a while and when it does it says it's blank. how did you get it to eventually take?

6. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    are you trying with the disc into an internal or external drive?

Ive installed windows several times via bootcamp - and i've never experienced any issues!