wont receive a call/text until i reboot!!! (sometimes)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by candychunk, Oct 3, 2009.

1. candychunk macrumors member

i have an iphone 3G S, sometimes there's a whole day that i couldnt even receive a phone call or text.. and theres no way i would know unless i tried making a call because the ringing part would never come... and then i would dial again and it still wouldnt ring... then when i reboot my phone... i would then get all the txt messages that i didnt receive and calls ive missed throughout the day

what's wrong with my iphone?!?!? is there someone experiencing the same thing?

2. Niyaolowe macrumors newbie

Funny you stated this thread today, Friday night I tryed to call my wife on her 3gs same thing happened didn't even have the missed call notifier till she restarted. Was the first time it's happened so I didn't know if it was just her phone, or a momentary glitch.( guess neather) wondering how wide spread this is or if I should just go get her hardware replaced

3. candychunk thread starter macrumors member

yeah, this isnt the first time it happened... probably the third time... i was wondering if i should get a replacement since obviously its still under warranty.. but i dont want to get a refurb since i bought it brand new.. some people say i might get a brand new one since 3gS just came out in july.. probably not a lot of refurbs.. but idk... still trying to see if theres a possible solution

4. MrPrimeMinister macrumors newbie

Thank you for posting this, I came here today to ask exactly the same question. I have a 3G 16 gig and I've been having this problem for the last week or so, very annoying. I have no idea what causes it and I've already done a full restore through iTunes to no avail. Weird thing is that it tends to happen to me at night. I second that any help/advice would be appreciated.

5. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Same thing happens to me on my 3G! I tried calling my sister and the ringing never came! I tried sending a text and it kept failing! I opened up EchoFon to check my Twitter and it didn't work. I had 5 bars and 3G. I rebooted and everything worked fine again. :eek::confused:

6. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

It happens to me at night, too! Or in the evening hours!