Won't recognise windows XP SP3 CD

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dbernie41, Apr 8, 2009.

1. dbernie41 macrumors regular

I have 2 legit XP CDs that came with previous PCs but none are above SP1. I acquired an SP3 iso and I have burned it multiple times in multiple ways so that it is bootable. The disc is recognised (sorry for the poor title) but it is not recognised at the boot screen (when option is held in at restart) I just want to get this done with! Very frustrated.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Acquired.:rolleyes:

Google "Slipstreaming" to take your legal copies and make them have higher service packs. We're not going to help with anything illegal.

3. cathyy macrumors 6502a

You need SP2 if you want to install Windows XP by Boot Camp.

4. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

As long as he has a legally acquired product code, it's not illegal for him to use an updated version of the disk from someone; how different is that from slipstreaming SP2 or SP3 into an earlier version of XP? :confused:

IMO MS should allow folks to download complete updated versions of their OS, if you can pass the Windows authenticity program, rather than reinstall the original then apply all the updates; lots of computer users are not experienced enough to slipstream updates.