Wont startup!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Charliekid21, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Charliekid21 macrumors regular

ok well earlier today my computer was running very slowly so i closed everything and hit the power button. I selected the shutdown option and everything seemed normal. Well now whenever I turn on the macbook the screen just stays white and doesnt do anything. I bought this hdd at circuitcity back in January and I am currently using the old original stock 60gb. I have so much stuff on there I was wondering if there would be a way for them to get it all back. It has well over 3 months of stuff. Any advice would be GREATlY appreciated!!!!

2. vultureboy70 macrumors member

Pop back in your crashed drive and try to boot in target mode. If that works then just connect to another mac or pc via firewire to recover your important files. Hopefully it boots in target mode and hopefully you have another computer or have a friend with a computer. Good luck!

3. Charliekid21 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i have another computer but how would i put it in target mode? Would it be possible for me to copy the entire thing so it would be EXACTLY the same?

4. vultureboy70 macrumors member

Target disk mode is holding down "T" key when booting, hopefully you'll see giant firewire icon floating around indicating it's ready to used as an external firewire drive. If you don't see this then you're pretty screwed I think. You could also try using Disk Warrior or Tech Tool or similar software on a bootable CD or DVD. Good Luck!