iPod touch Won't turn on or go safe mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zachzach, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Zachzach macrumors member

I tried turning on and off Cydia packages with SBSettings, and by mistake turned off some important packages, one of them is the one letting me go to safe mode when the device is turning on with the volume up button, and now my device is turning on, stuck on the Apple logo, then it loads, and restarting again.

Now, I know a restore will solve everything, but will deleting SBSettings via iFunBox make my device restarts normally and enable the packages I disabled? Or it is dangerous deleting it when there are packages disabled?

If the answer is positive, Should I delete the SBSettings folder located at mobile>library and that's it?

Hoping for a quick and helpful answer, TIA.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

That is dangerous, try an alternative route, maybe just boot in redsn0w.

3. Zachzach thread starter macrumors member

My friend jailbroke my device (and he won't be able to help me for some time) and I'm not familiar with redsn0w and jailbreaking.
    I'm using iPod touch 4 5.1.1, can you tell me where can download it and what exactly I need to do? Thanks.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

well maybe you should wait for your friend to fix it as you are not familiar with jailbreaking and related stuff.

Have to tried a hard-reset? Holding power and home in together for +- 1 minute?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

(Shakes head)
    Why do pople do this when they have zero idea what they are doing ???

6. Zachzach thread starter macrumors member

The problem is both of my buttons don't work...
    I tried the restore option in redsn0w with the 5.1.1 ipsw, but it says it only supports A5 devices.
    Guess there's nothing else to do other than fixing the buttons...