Woo-eee! Ugly Mac Alert

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
That is the most God awful thing that I have ever seen. That definately qualifies for fuggly, though not full blown, because it still has the Apple logo... ;)

Comment

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I'm not sure if its the lighting or camera, but that paint job isn't the best either.

Comment

DaveP

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2005
Ha! Ha! It looks like a cheesy prop from a 70's Sci-Fi movie.

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
0 bids. LOL. I have trouble paying the shipping charges, let alone an ugly case that's been gutted.

Comment

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
sorryiwasdreami said:
Wow! That blows away that Sports Illustrated football computer we saw on these forums a little while ago! That is one truly butt-ugly mac! Why would you even do that?
thank you, i just choked on my sandwhich.

Comment

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Ham_man said:
That is the most God awful thing that I have ever seen. That definately qualifies for fuggly, though not full blown, because it still has the Apple logo... ;)
First off, who actually liked the rainbow style Apple? I like the looks of todays standard white, silver and aqua Apple logos. Old Macs were ugly (and useless) anyway.

Secondly, God isn't awful so why are you comparing him to something that is? Are you implying that the computer actually looks good through sarcasm?

Is your whole post sarcasm?

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
GodBless said:
Secondly, God isn't awful so why are you comparing him to something that is?
Ease up there... don't get jumpy over a phrase in common usage.

Comment

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
GodBless said:
First off, who actually liked the rainbow style Apple? I like the looks of todays standard white, silver and aqua Apple logos. Old Macs were ugly (and useless) anyway.

Secondly, God isn't awful so why are you comparing him to something that is? Are you implying that the computer actually looks good through sarcasm?

Is your whole post sarcasm?
Well apparently this God dude created a world outside Macrumors.

Wanna visit?

;) And yeah, that may have been sarcastic...

Comment

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
On topic: Yup, just about the worst custom job I've ever seen, well, maybe the black hand-painted job Hammond did to that Porche on Top gear last year... :D

...wait, I have an overwhelming urge to paint my PowerBook black and stick a Dell logo on it.... HELP ME!!!!

Off topic: Being as god doesn't exist, how can he (she, it, them...) be ugly in the first place???;)

Macrumors is not a good place to get picky about semantics. :D :D

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
WinterMute said:
...wait, I have an overwhelming urge to paint my PowerBook black and stick a Dell logo on it.... HELP ME!!!!
Maybe you could try a little exposure therapy... start with an XP skin on OS X, then as you get accustomed to that, maybe ripping out the drive and putting a floppy drive into your powerbook.

Eventually you'll be able to work your way up to a framed picture of Bill Gates on your desk.

Comment

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Blue Velvet said:
Maybe you could try a little exposure therapy... start with an XP skin on OS X, then as you get accustomed to that, maybe ripping out the drive and putting a floppy drive into your powerbook.

Eventually you'll be able to work your way up to a framed picture of Bill Gates on your desk.
Well, that'll only go so far, I'll have to induce some kind of total system lock-up on a regular basis and get a piece of blue paper to stick on the screen, then I'll feel right at home....

Who says I haven't already got a picture of Bill Gates on my desk?

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
WinterMute said:
Who says I haven't already got a picture of Bill Gates on my desk?
Well, I was expecting something more like a little shrine. You know, with a little stone basin of some kind for votive offerings and a prayer mat... :p

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
wow and he cant even paint, good job there sir!!

sorry no one is in line for obvious reasons! get a clue!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.