Wooden (ahem) Laptop Stand <$20?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dan--, May 2, 2009.

1. Dan-- macrumors regular

Does anyone see any issues with using this as a (near) vertical stand for use with a Macbook and an external monitor?

It seems to look good, provide passive cooling, and be reasonably priced.

It's kinda hard to tell the dimensions of the "slot". Actual dimensions are 10"x2.5"x12.5". I'm almost tempted to see what happens if I request a free sample :).

http://www.hotref.com/refer/p2797

Any other recommended inexpensive alternatives for closed-book running?

Thanks,

-Dan

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I would just set it on a cooling pad. No need to get a stand for it.

3. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

Remember that there's a limit to how far you can open your macbook's screen. The angle may not be ideal.

4. Dan-- thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks folks, good points. Although I might want to have both the laptop and external montior operational at times, that desk I'm moving to doesn't really have that much space, so I was mostly looking for something a little more vertical for lid-closed use.

-Dan​

5. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I don't know if it will be the most stable thing if you are using it with your MB open. If you are using it closed I would think you could do something else with it. Maybe have a little shelf built or bought that you could put your external monitor on and slide your MB underneath.

If you want to be able to do both at any one time maybe you could find something similar but more stable and adjustable so you can change the angle.

Options anyway...

-JC-