Woohoo free iPad(OK not really free)-not spam

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bender0069, Mar 17, 2011.

1. bender0069 macrumors member

So I was looking at my AMEX points last night and realized I had enough to order a 32gb iPad 2, so I did!! I'm super excited even though I know I won't have it for about 6 more weeks. I do have an iPhone, but this is my firsts iPad. I was wondering what are some things I must have. Accessories, apps ect. I'm back and forth on a case or naked, maybe just a sleeve? I've also been thinking about jailbreak and Mifi, but can't decide about that either.

I try to read the forum, but there are so many posts. Links to other threads as well as responses would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

That's great :) You must have had those points saving up for quite a while! :p

Case/sleeve depends on your usage of it; will you be taking it out of the house at all or much? Putting it in a bag etc. I took my iPad 1 with me a lot of the time that I went into town or to work, so the case was worth it. I'll just be getting a sleeve for it this time though. I also have a MiFi, I got fed up with the cat and mouse game of jailbreaking my iPhone simply just for MyWi. If I had to recommend one app that is great for the iPad; Flipboard.

In terms of the forum and there being so many posts, a lot of people will tell you to use the search function; which isn't a bad idea considering only you know the kinds of things you'll be using the iPad for. Just enjoy it, scan through the forum titles and open up the ones that sound interesting. People won't (and shouldn't) do the leg work for you :) (I'm sure this isn't your intention anyway)

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Grats! I just got an Amex card so hope to take advantage of this someday. For a really cool looking sleeve, take a look at Colcasac.com. I just ordered one. Handmade in Utah :).

4. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

5. bender0069 thread starter macrumors member

Those are pretty cool! I think right now I may be leaning towards a smart cover and a sleeve. I'm just going to keep on looking around. Now I'm researching pay as you go mobile hot spots since I'll maybe only need one a couple times a year. Right now virgin mobile is the only one I've found. But, it may be all I need.

Now to start looking for sleeve ideas. Thanks for the feed back! You guys are great