Woohoo!!! (New Mac)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Feb 27, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Apple is replacing my just replaced Santa Rosa BlackBook with a Penryn MBP!

Questions:

1. I need protection! I like the basic-sleeve interface, something I can cover my MBP with, throw it in my school backpack with all my textbooks, and not worry about it getting crushed/dented.

2. Do I need wristpad skins to protect it from any permanent smudges over use? Or does aluminum not do that?

Prices do matter! I am on a budget.

Thanks!

2. a4abt macrumors regular

If you're going to throw your MBP in your bag and give it a "hard time", I'd suggest getting a Speck protective case.

3. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

i second that!

4. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Wow thats excellent!! Glad to see that happen. I recommend the Booq Viper Case. It super light and doesn't make the MBP any thicker than it already is. I had my previous MBP for a little less than 2 years and the paint never rubbed off or it never left any smudges. Except this one time I decided to scratch some dirt off and the paint kinda fell off too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

-JoE

5. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

I've had my 15" MBP for almost a year and a half, and there is no discoloration or crud on the wrist rests. Save your money.

Buy a Speck case - they are pricey, but well worth the money. I picked up a couple of them in the Marketplace a while back, and I have been very pleased with mine. And now they have all kinds of cool colors - when they first came out it was red and clear. Although I will say I get a lot of compliments on my "red computer."

MacDann

6. dougnewman macrumors 6502

Out of curiosity, how did you get so lucky?

7. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

No kidding. Based on my experiences with Apple, I would have thought they would be extremely unlikely to replace a blackbook with.... a blackbook. They would repair it a thousand times, but a REPLACEMENT? Gasp! And to replace it with an upgrade, no less?

Your Apple guy must have made some special brownies for breakfast.

8. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Because I have had 3 BlackBooks replaced since the first generation ones, and I had to pay 250$.

With the speck case, do I need to buy anything else? Like a bag or anything?

9. comptr macrumors 65816

I had some waht of the same thing they replaced my 2.33 core 2 duo macbbok pro for the latest macbook pro.

10. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

just a question, aren't they suppose to replace your blackbook with another blackbook? congratz!:D

11. honeycrisp macrumors regular

I thought they fixed these issues a while ago...

12. puke macrumors regular

Speck protective case if you want a protection for the laptop.

Booq Viper Case if you want a bag that protects it for you.