woot! safari for windows :)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by StateCCM, Mar 29, 2008.

1. StateCCM macrumors member

i really like the user interface in apple software.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Well, if you switch to Mac OSX, there is software user interface niceness galore, and Safari has plug ins which make it much better...

3. StateCCM thread starter macrumors member

getting a Mac takes all the fun out of building a PC rig tho.

4. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Getting a Mac also takes all the fun out of protecting yourself against viruses and dealing with driver issues. Because we all know how much we enjoy more work... =)

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yeah, also taking fun out of games, but you do get fun out of returning incompatible printers.

ps, why is this have to become a mac vs. pc issue once again? for that topic, do a search and enjoy yourself.

6. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

For games: Bootcamp
    For printers: All the (somewhat) new printers of the major brands support Macs. Just check for the Mac logo on the package / website before you buy.

/Rupert

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

That sounds more fun, does it ?:)

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

1) please never use "w00t" to describe anything:p

2) after more then a year of complaining I finally got a new computer at work that was made since the early 90's. Therefor I no longer have to bring my MBP into work. First thing I did was download Safari. It does function nice on XP, and I am pleasantly surpassed that it keeps a lot of the look and feel as it does on OS X. the minimize and close buttons though irritate me. I guess thats just a windows thing.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That's one of my biggest complaints: It doesn't use the standard XP interface. The minimise/maximise/close buttons are the wrong size and the control icon is missing. Both of these annoy me in two different ways.

When attempting to close the window using the control box, I often click in the wrong place and end up restoring or maximising the window instead of closing it. When attempting to do a "mass minimise" of multiple apps, I can't just put my mouse in one place and click the button a few times because Safari's smaller button is in the wrong place.

For a company that prides itself on its UIs, Apple could do better.