Word 08 - Scanning Within? - 10.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by musicpenguy, May 19, 2008.

1. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

We are upgrading our lab to the new Office suite (which I have never liked) and to Leopard this summer - we have been getting the image ready and have not seen an option to scan within Word 08 - how is this done - or have they taken this feature out?

Thanks
    Tim

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I've been using Office 2008 since it appeared, unfortunately I haven't found any reference to scanning from within Word. Importing a picture file obviously but no sign of being able to scan .. :(

3. musicpenguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info - if anyone knows if it is hidden in there somewhere please let me know - thanks again!

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Word is a mediocre word processor and grossly inadequate graphics application. The MacOS X Image Capture application does a superb job of scanning images. You would do well to learn to use it.

5. musicpenguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I completly agree - this is for a lab - and only there by force - it is an app that I hate and will never use - we have finally gotten licenses for iWork 08 for the lab so people can use the better set of apps.