Word 16 - Crashes when saving

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by evrard, Aug 6, 2015.

1. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

Is anyone else experiencing this? I am unable to save any documents in Microsoft Word. I get the pinwheel and then the program crashes. I have reinstalled Office 16 and the program is still occurring. The problem started yesterday after I had updated to the latest version of the beta.

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I just tried it on an new document and it completely locked up my whole system. Had to hard reboot.

3. evrard thread starter macrumors regular

evrard

Phew, I am glad someone else is having the issue. I thought it was just going to be me .

4. mitchsaunders macrumors 6502

issue same here. Have to use Pages, great fun.

5. bushido Suspended

bushido

same here. my bachelor thesis wasnt too happy. thx god i still kept the old office as well

6. GregP96 macrumors newbie

7. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

8. GregP96 macrumors newbie

Indeed. I had hoped that update they posted yesterday would include a fix for this saving problem, but didn't. And I'm still gobsmacked that there's still no CALDAV support in Outlook, no Box or Dropbox integration – even though they have that in the iOS version.

9. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

Can confirm. Have all of you posted bugs back to Apple / Microsoft?

10. tamasmacbudapest macrumors newbie

Same issue with me. But I realized that every apps in which you can SAVE AS, OPEN or ATTACH has problems. I reported already FEEDBACK ASSIST, I hope soon there will be some solution. And I realized that this is happens when you use the BROWSER WINDOW in extended version. For example in Ms EXCEL I used the normal view of the browse pop up window when SAVE AS, and therefore in MS Excel works properly.