Word 2004 Always Has To Be Opened 3 Times

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skunk, Sep 18, 2007.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Bizarre problem here: until a couple of weeks ago, my Office 2004 was working fine - or as fine as it ever works. Then Word suddenly decided it wouldn't open. I click on the icon, I immediately get a box (immediately after the splash screen) saying "The application M$ Word has unexpectedly quit", giving me a choice of "Close", "Report" or "Re-Open". I click "Re-Open". Same thing happens again, but this time I get a choice between "Close", "Try Again" or "Report". I click "Try Again", and this time it works. Weird, eh? Anyone else getting this? Is it a recent update glitch?

2. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

no not really, have you made any updates on your office '04?! it might be that, I have it set up so that I can get automated updates on most of my apps. especially since my G/Fs PC has a mind of it's own and does super stupid stuff, we need another CPU (this being my G4) to run Office efficiently.

3. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Sounds like a font is corrupted. You can check fonts with Apple's Font Book app in the Applications folder, or google for a third-party one.

4. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Every font passes validation and every update is installed. I have reinstalled Office 2004 from scratch. All I ever use is Word, and my G4 Cube runs it perfectly. It's the Intel 24" iMac which is having problems.

5. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

ahhhhhhhh so the CULTRIP is finally found! you should then stick with the G4:D! But seriously I have no clue on the new iNTEL iMacs I guess it might be the processor but I would be lying!

:apple: