Word 2004 & disappearing tool bars

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Billpete002, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Billpete002 macrumors newbie

Hey all 1st time poster,

My wife is a mac user and I'm not despite my PC savvy skills I haven't had the time to learn all there is to the MAC, that said she has a problem - yet refuses to seek forums for help -

She has Word 2004 and the picture tool bar (though selected) has disappeared. I've gone through the menus and deselected it and reselected it but this seems to have no effect. I've looked under other tool bars and tried even looking for it along the side of the screen (who knows maybe it was dragged over there at some point!)

So anywho after about an hour or two or searching my wife insists she will find it without my help and is currently cursing MS Word as if this will fix the issue... Could anyone please help us with some directions?

Cheers!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You might have accidentally turned it off in Word's toolbar options. This is easily fixed - somewhere, in Word's giant tangle of menus, is the toolbar settings (it might be in Preferences, or have its own option). In here, you'll see names of toolbars and checkmarks to enable/disable them. Make sure the Picture toolbar is checked.

3. Billpete002 thread starter macrumors newbie

well that's what I said, the tick mark for the tool bar is checked so i unchecked it apply then rechecked it apply but no tool bar appears :S

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

In that case, odds are it's hidden. I usually turn toolbars on by right-clicking an empty area of the toolbar and choosing which toolbar I want from the contextual menu. However, there should also be an option called Toolbars with sub-options for each toolbar in the View menu. Once you've found the option, check it, and presto - it should appear.

5. Billpete002 thread starter macrumors newbie