Word 2004 Spelling using Canadian English?

funcman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Hello all,

I searched and could not find a previous post about this so I'm sorry if this question has been asked before and resolved.

Anyways, this is my first Mac, (stock middle MacBook - and I'm loving the switch btw :D) and my problem is that I have set the Language to English (UK) in Word > Preferences > Spelling and Grammar, and I have also set Canadian English as the top choice in System Preferences > International > Language, but Word still underlines Canadian spelling of words (i.e. humour, colour...) as if they are incorrect.

I am going mental trying to figure out how to fix this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
funcman said:
Anyways, this is my first Mac, (stock middle MacBook - and I'm loving the switch btw :D) and my problem is that I have set the Language to English (UK) in Word > Preferences > Spelling and Grammar, and I have also set Canadian English as the top choice in System Preferences > International > Language, but Word still underlines Canadian spelling of words (i.e. humour, colour...) as if they are incorrect.
I didn't know the answer to your question, so I went to the Word:Mac MVP site and found this information: setting the default language. Does that take care of your issue?

Regards,
Nadyne.

--
Nadyne Mielke | user experience researcher
Microsoft Corporation | Macintosh Business Unit
go ahead, mac my day

Comment