Word 2008 - Anchoring text to a page. . . can it be done?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rwnzl, Dec 14, 2009.

1. rwnzl macrumors newbie

Basic explanation:
    I am creating a Word document (letterhead) and want to anchor text on the left side of the page so it does not flow to the next page.

In-depth explanation:
    I use Word 2008 for a Mac, and the document I'm creating is for an "electronic version" of our letterhead. The idea is to have a template on which workers can type their letter but the graphics/text of the letterhead shell do not move. I've created the header/footers but now need to find a way to lock text on the left side of the page (contains our addresses, contact info, web address, etc.). Again, I don't want these components on this "template" to move text is typed on the page.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    rwnzl

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It's called a text frame and has been a feature of Microsoft Word since 1915.

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

You can also put the graphic into the header (make sure that text flows through it, not around); this also assumes that you have indicated to Word that you want a different first page header/footer). That way, the users will not be able to easily change it. If you anchor it, then it can be shifted, by someone who thinks they know what they are doing.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Maybe they changed the name to Text Box in 1921. Or is that something different?

OP: Try Insert > Text Box

5. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Regardless, it is still World War I technology. :p

:D

6. pcan macrumors newbie

yeah, but how do you make it so it doesn't flow down when you add new text at the top of the document?

7. pcan macrumors newbie

keeping a text box locked

Right (control) click on the box, go to format text box
    Layout Tab
    click advanced
    Picture position tab

Under options, click lock anchor