Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brendon Bauer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Good 'ol USofA
During lectures in class my teacher uses Word 2007 on windows. In his lectures, he can pull up an Ink Tools tab and hand write on the document if he wants to make notes, draw pictures etc. Does Word 2008 for mac have this feature? I can't find it anywhere! I would really like to be able to make notes on top of my documents so I can keep up rather than draw it on paper separately. I would like to be able to draw pictures in my notes. Is this possible?

jhsfosho

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Houston, TX
I would also like to know this as well. I thought I remembered hearing something about it but maybe that was just my imagination...

Brendon Bauer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Good 'ol USofA
He does have a laptop that he flips the lid around and uses a pen to write with... but he's still using Microsoft Word 2007 (with ink tools). Do those ink tools only come on those types of laptops? Can't I just draw with my mouse/trackpad? I wish I could...

clarkygx

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
On the bottom left corner, there's 5 buttons.

Click on the far right one (notepad view)

Then at the top, a few icons along theres one saying "scribble" click on that and Bob's your uncle

Brendon Bauer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Good 'ol USofA
Hey thanks for finding that! That's definitely a step in the right direction. I'm just a little bit frustrated that you have to convert your document into the notepad layout. When you do that, you lose all your formatting such as numbering, etc. I wonder why they make you do that? Also, you can't revert it so make sure to save your document before you try it or else you have to recreate all your formatting from scratch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.