Word 2008, and iWork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoelWard, Jun 6, 2009.

1. JoelWard macrumors newbie

This probably isn't a regular question. As hardrive space for me is a premium, without an extHD and using a 64GB flash hardrive internally, I am finding that I need to delete apps. Pages keynote and numbers all work perfectly and I would find no need for any other wordprocessing/spreadsheet programs only unfortunately, we live in a world where microsoft existed first. I am therefore finding the NEED to install microsoft office purely for the function of word, so that I can see what the document looked like when it was created on a PC running office.

This very long ramble is actually just trying to ask the question, can you install office 2008 and delete excel access etc, and there specific pref files, or is it best to leave those pref files in as word uses them. i assumed i could use an app such as appcleaner to delete excel and access but they may delete pref files needed by word? however would word not just create these pref files if they were missing?

Thanks in advance for any reply, sorry for the unnecessarily long post.

P.S should this be in a different forum?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

You could uninstall Office, and then reinstall it with just Word selected. By doing this, you'll be sure that you're not messing up any additional files that it may need to work properly.

(And this is the right forum.) :)

3. JoelWard thread starter macrumors newbie

embaressing, i hadn't tried installing yet as i was hoping maybe someone would tell me what to before having to open it. installing just word now...

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Hey, we all have our moments :)