Word 2008 and pagebreaks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Veil, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Veil macrumors member

I'd rather use anything but Word; even TextEdit. Unfortunately, whenever your working on documents with Windows users, nowadays you'll be forced to use 2008 for proper docx support.

Apart from all the little bugs, Word 2008 is usable. But what I don't get are some of the little things. In Windows, you can -and always could- add a pagebreak to a document using ctrl+enter. But for some reason there's no keyboard shortcut present in Word 2008 for a simple pagebreak, and you can only get to it through the menu. In what messedup world are these programmers living, that they don't think this is one of the more essential parts of document editing? It's madness.

Since Word 2003 for Windows they already removed a keyboard shortcut for "Paste special". I can't count the times I need to paste text from websites or other documents into my Word when I'm working on something. But by pasting it into Word, it keeps its original formatting, so you'll have to change it back to whatever you're using for the rest of your text. Paste special > Unformatted text solves this, but without a keyboard shortcut it's extremely annoying in its use.

Is there any way you can bind keys and functions yourself? Some option like that would solve alot of headaches.

2. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

System Preferences -> Mouse and Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts

Just add your own!