Word 2008 Bullets Formatting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by archdelux, May 13, 2010.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

Are there any tools or settings that I can use to change the way Word in mac works--specifically related the bullets formatting?

I dont know why but the way bullets work in the mac version of word is completely illogical and frustrating.. I type something in bullets and then I want to leave a space and start the same sequence but for some reaosn the bullet only allows me to start from the far left or even further right than the last bullet...so i have to manually adjust the spacing of the bullet again...this makes it almost unusable!

Anyone have any solution to this?

2. coops macrumors regular

Go here http://word.mvps.org/mac/bend/bendwordtoyourwill.html
    and download the (large) document - you don't need to read the whole thing in one sitting.... but you'll find the sections about Styles most useful.
    (and page 152 :- in any event, to minimise corruption when using Microsoft’s automated bullets I invariably apply bullets and numbering as part of a specific bulleted style (Format menu » Style » “Modify” button » “Format” pop-down » Numbering). The reason I never manually change Normal (or any other style) to applying automated bulleting is that it prevents me from making global changes at any time, as discussed on page 84.)

The bullets work just fine - you can modify their style and indent etc etc and create 'sub' bullet styles and more.... take a good look at the Bend Word to your Will, it's really cleared up lots of my own misunderstandings about how Word works.

Coops