Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2014
Boston
I'm editing a book that I copied and pasted from text edit, which I hate with a passion bc I can't fit the text to an 8 x 11 doc, but word 2008 crashes every few seconds. I tried the safe boot, and renaming and deleting the word settings folder. That's the extent of my tech skills. I have a deadline and I really need your help. Here's the crash report. It's a foreign language to me so please help!!! Also, when in word, I have to back space from line to line to wrap the text around the page, if you have a solution for the 19th century way I am going about this, I need your input on that as well :)

Thanks in advance!!!
Sharline.

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
I'm editing a book that I copied and pasted from text edit, which I hate with a passion bc I can't fit the text to an 8 x 11 doc, but word 2008 crashes every few seconds. I tried the safe boot, and renaming and deleting the word settings folder. That's the extent of my tech skills. I have a deadline and I really need your help. Here's the crash report. It's a foreign language to me so please help!!! Also, when in word, I have to back space from line to line to wrap the text around the page, if you have a solution for the 19th century way I am going about this, I need your input on that as well :)

Thanks in advance!!!
Sharline.

Hi Sharline,

Sorry to hear about your problem with Word 2008. Not sure if this solves your problem. About your book content in Text Edit, it has a save option that you can save it as a Word doc or as PDF. Try saving the file as Word or PDF, then from Word 2008, try to open the saved Word or PDF file instead of copy pasting. Another option is , try copy pasting on a staggered basis if you have not done this step. Hope you can find a solution. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.