Word 2008 Crashes...Ugh!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmFightSpam, May 2, 2008.

1. jmFightSpam macrumors regular

So, sure I have a 1000+ page plus document. But I have put it in draft mode so it doesn't repaginate. That saves time. But, if I apply a Style and then press return on the keyboard, Word crashes.

Has anyone seen problems with Styles and Word 2008?

Thanks.

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

This won't help at all, but it crashes on me when I do a search and replace; if the word I search for is not there. So I moved to the Open Office v3 beta.

3. Izzy macrumors member

I haven't had it crash when applying a style but it crashes all the time. I'm working on a 50 page document and it will crash about 10 times a day. Sometimes it will go down when I am just scrolling through the document.

I would switch to Pages but I am writing the document in collaboration with Windows users so I'm kind of stuck. I just save my work frequently. Office 2008 holds some promise, but they have got to get these problems fixed first.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I switched back to 2004 due to the bugs/crashes with 2008. Although 2004 isn't crash free it is better by far.

I guess the issue with the styles is that it is having to search through the entire 1000 page document to apply the style and it cause it to crash out. Have you tried splitting the document up into smaller say 200 page sections and applying the styles that way?