Word 2008: Find and Replace page break

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mospeada02, Feb 15, 2010.

  1. mospeada02 macrumors newbie

    Jul 19, 2008
    Is there a way for me to find a page break and replace it with paragraph instead in Word 2008?
  2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

    May 22, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Change from Page View to Normal View, find the Page Break, highlight it and Delete. But, using command-F to Find and Replace? I don't think so.
  3. rc135tx macrumors member


    Feb 15, 2010
    In an older version of Word, searching for "^m" & replacing with "^p" works for me. :apple:
  4. mooblie macrumors 6502


    Apr 23, 2009
    The Highlands, Scotland
    In Word 2008, and the bottom of the Replace dialogue box, there's an expansion arrow, which reveals a "Special" menu.
    Use that to put Manual Page Break in the "Find what" box, and Paragraph Mark in the "Replace with" Box.


    (It's what rc135tx said, by doing it manually, but it still works in Word 2008.)
  5. mospeada02 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 19, 2008

Share This Page