Word 2008 for Mac-printing pictures

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by antelope-cd, Feb 7, 2008.

1. antelope-cd macrumors newbie

Hopefully someone else has experienced this problem and found a solution. I just installed Office 2008 for Mac student and home edition. When I open files previously created in Office X for Mac that contain pictures, when I try to print the document on any of my laser printers (color and B&W) everything prints but the pictures. I have tried saving the file in the docx extension format thinking that might have something to do with it ... but no improvement.

I have tried changing the format of the picture, printing from "print preview" and nothing helps. In the interim I have gone back to using my previous version of word.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Information, please?

What format are the pictures?
    Which model printer?
    Which version MacOS X?

3. antelope-cd thread starter macrumors newbie

the files are .jpg
    the printers are a savin copier/printer, an HP lazerjet 4, and a minolta magigcolor 2350.
    Mac OSX 10.4.11

4. onehoop macrumors member

onehoop

Print the whole document as a pdf

I only experience this error when printing selected pages (just this page). F'n LAME!

EDIT: In this particular document, my work-around is not working. If I try to print the whole document, it just prints the pages greater than where i have my image.

This error has been around for a while with no indication from Microsoft that they are aware of it or working on it. I am seriously considering finding all my docx files and saving them in an old format and reverting. This is not worth it even once, and now I've wasted a lot of time twice. Glad I didn't pay for this software out of my pocket!