Word 2008 Line spacing problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lopoz, Jan 23, 2009.

1. lopoz macrumors regular

Hello,

I'm having a problem with line spacing and images in Word 2008.
    I've taken a few screenshots to illustrate the problem.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the line spacing is awkward. There's no enter between these lines, but for some reason there's a lot of space between them.

Now this is what happens when I nudge the caption of the image on the left upwards.

[​IMG]

The spacing is fixed! But now my caption is in front of my picture, which, obviously, isn't what I want..

Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

2. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

Try setting the wrapping on the caption figure to "on top of text". Also, you may want to set the caption text to "follow text"

3. lopoz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice, but I already found a fix.

I asked a friend and he told me to group the figure and caption, which worked.
    After ungrouping them again, the spacing is still correct..

I wonder if Pages has these kind of problems.. If they'd implement cross-references I could use it and find out :p (and yes, I did submit feedback ;P)

4. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was going to suggest grouping as a last resort. I tried that for my qualifier proposal and a lot of the dynamic references (endnotes, cross-references) got messed up. Sometimes the numbers would get duplicated or out of order.

Eventually I have up trying to have text on the side of images because of the formatting difficulties.