Word 2008 Text boxes cause infinite pagination

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cdschar, Mar 27, 2009.

1. cdschar macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I'm currently using Word 2008 and trying to insert text boxes into a large word document and I'm having pagination issues in a couple of circumstances. First off when I try to insert or move the text box it causes Word to continuously paginate to infinity pretty much. Secondly I can insert a text box fine sometimes but when I go to edit any text above the text box it causes the same pagination problem.

This is a big problem for me because I'm trying to work with a 150 page document and insert 30 text boxes in various places. Do I need to set up page breaks around the boxes or is there something I can do to the text boxes themselves to stop this problem???

Thanks,

Chris

2. john2006wright macrumors regular

I had a similar issue, sorry I have no advice. When using Word 2004 for Mac it would take approx 10mins to insert a reference from an Endnote library. Word would sit and paginate every time. Also it would just paginate every 10-15mins. My documnet was 200 pages (approx 5mb). In the end I just loaded it up on a windows pc laptop and it had no issues at all. Frustrating.

john

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Pagination issues like this are often caused by a corrupt object, such as a section break. Check that first.

If that doesn't work, you might want to see if the Word:Mac MVPs can help you out. They hang out in the Word:Mac public forum, and they're hugely knowledgeable and helpful folks.

Regards,
    Nadyne.