Word 2008, using Tab to indent when bulleting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buccsmf1, Oct 24, 2008.

1. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

How do you activate this? I never remember having to activate this on my macbook air but when i get on my iMac and press tab when on bullets it just adds a big space, instead of moving the bullet down from #1 to #2. Anyone know how to activate this?

2. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

uhmm... not exactly sure how to activate this in normal "print layout" view... I know that if you are in notebook view it will automatically do this, which is wonderful for taking notes in class (if only it didn't have the damn space-hopping issue)

3. buccsmf1 thread starter macrumors 6502

yea, im doing it in print layout view on my macbook air right now but cant get it to work on my imac. anyone?

4. cmuench macrumors member

I too am actually having this exact same problem. What version of office are you on?
    go to Word -> About Word.
    I'm on 12.1.3

Extremely frustrating as this used to work fine

5. cmuench macrumors member

Alrighty I figured it out.
    go to format -> Bullets and Numbering. then go to the List styles tab. Just click add and then make a new style for yourself. When adding it only click ok after you are done with all of them. to move between levels just change the drop down box marked levels. then apply that style to your page and you are good as gold