Word 2008: Using tabs in tables?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jittery, May 27, 2010.

  1. jittery macrumors newbie

    May 27, 2010
    I've recently switched from Word for Windows to Word for Mac (2008), and I'm having trouble figuring out how to "tab over" text in tables in the Mac version. In the Windows version, Ctrl + TAB works, but I haven't figured out the equivalent command/key combination for the Mac version.

    Setting tab stops in a table cell is a breeze, but figuring out how to use these stops has proven to be more of a challenge for me.

    Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

  2. jittery thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 27, 2010
    Found the answer

    OPTION (Alt) + TAB is what I was looking for. Strange that it didn't show up in my searches of the Word 2008 Help.

Share This Page