Word 2011 losing shortcut keys

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nermal, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi,

I've had an issue with Word 2011 twice now, where it'll lose some of the shortcut keys, for example Cmd-V won't paste and Cmd-A won't select all. In both cases I've been able to resolve this issue by deleting the Microsoft User Data folder, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this issue?

I don't have any third-party addons or anything, and have never tried to customise the shortcut keys. I've updated to 14.0.1 and seen the issue since, so it wasn't fixed by that update.

Has anyone else run into this?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No, can't replicate it. Is it just the keyboard shortcuts or can you still select the options from the menu. Does it do this just on docx files or any kind of file type including plain text files? Does turning off smart cut and paste (preferences: editing options) make any difference?

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I can still choose the options from the menus but they don't list the shortcuts next to them. I've only seen it with docx files but next time it happens I'll open a text file and see what happens, and I'll try that option too.

Given its "intermittentness", it could be a week before I can try those suggestions...

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

5. danilcha macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

6. Shlomit macrumors newbie

Shlomit

got the same problem

When I quit and reopen, shortcuts coming back.
    good day

7. MacJoo macrumors newbie

It worked. Thanks.