Word 2011...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imHappy, Sep 1, 2011.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

hey guys,

snow leopard - macbook air 2010

First time it happens.

Short story: Doing extended essay, writing 600 more words, suddenly...a damn beachball, 1 minute..5 minutes...30 minutes, i force quit thinking it has being autosaved like it does in windows...

I WANT TO CUT MY B..it is not in Office 2011 AutoRecovery folder.. its lost, and burn 3 hours worth of work..

Maybe the autosave option was turn off.. i don't know.
    I now try to replicate the problem to see if its solved.

I open a new document make sure, autosave is turn on. change the destination were autorecovery gets saved. I know proceed to write non sense paragraphs... wait one minute and force quit it withought manually save. BANG it has ACTUALLY being saved on the destination i configured.

Im still paranoic, so i grab an existing document, erase things, write other things, wait another minute... force quit. To my disgrace, the document is like the original one, Word has not autosaved the modified part since i can't find it anywhere.

What the heck is happening here? it will autosave new documents, but the modified ones not?

Im not writing anymore because i fear it may happen again to my extended
    essay.

SORRY for grammar, eng is not my first language and writing the damn essay in english is consuming my brain..(also, apologies for being quite rude..)

2. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

I am sorry for your loss. I understand that you are likely feeling frustrated and upset because 3 hours of hardwork has gone to waste.

In my experience, microsoft word on macs are terrible. Just as how itunes on Windows is very glitchy.

I would highly recommend Pages or OpenOffice to prevent the chance of your effort from being wasted :)

Just a friendly advice, every 10 - 20 minutes when typing an essay, I would hit "Command + S" out of habit. Try it!