Word 2016 won't "Save As" PDF to network share

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fhall1, Oct 4, 2015.

1. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I’m using Word 2016 for Mac (though and Office 365 Home subscription) on OS X 10.10.5.

I created a Word file and saved it (let’s call it Filename.docx) in a folder on a network shared drive (NAS on local network) however, when I open the .docx file and do a "save as" and choose PDF - it won't allow me to do it - a box pops up that says "The document “Filename.docx” could not be saved as “Filename.pdf”.

I also cannot “Print” the fileand tell it to print as a PDF from Word 2016 to the network share folder.

When I do the same thing on my local drive Word 2016 works fine and I can save original and modified .docx files to the network drive with no problems. Same thing with my Microsoft OneDrive - but I think that’s a special case since it is synced with my local drive, so it may not appear as a true network share to Word 2016.

Excel 2016 DOES allow me to save as a PDF or print a .xlsx to a PDF file to the network share folder

Word 2011 also allows me to save or print as a PDF to the network share folder (and always has).

MS Support is worthless…they’ve bounced me between online chat, the generic MS 800 support number, Office 365 Support, and Office for Mac support. They have no clue what’s going on so far.

Yes - I can save the PDF locally, then copy it to the network share - but that’s a tedious workaround that shouldn’t need to be done.

Can anyone else here running Word 2016 try to save a docx file on a network share and then try to save it as a PDF and let me know what happens - whether it works or doesn’t? Please post your version of Word 2016 and OS X.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

2. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

Microsoft has been having a ton of different issues with the new Office 2016. Thousands of people have been complaining to them about it on their forum.