Word Crashes my computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Nov 7, 2007.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

After I upgraded to leopard, I noticed that if I hit the help button on word, my word quits out, literally, done. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

2. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I wish I could offer some insightful help. MS Word is super crappy on all of the OS X machines I've used. Just a genuinely poopy piece of bloat-ware. Sorry to hear, but not surprised, that its no better under Leopard.

3. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Mine done the same thing if I used the "Spotlight like" search box under the help menu, but if I opened the help window in Word and searched it didn't crash. It's possibly a fluke with Word/Office for Mac.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Are you on the latest Office update? If so, try opening Disk Utility and doing Repair Disk Permissions...

5. donboston34 macrumors newbie

Yep, mine crashes too and stalls.

Also, anyone know how to fix the toolbars on Word (and Excel) so that they follow more like Windows? These bars are not fixed to the program and you can't lengthen them. I end up accidently going to other programs I have open that are "behind" Word cause the tool bar doesn't cross the entire screen.